Re: PSK+SAE when creating an Access Point

On Tue, 2022-03-22 at 11:52 +0100, Alfonso Sanchez-Beato via
networkmanager-list wrote:
Hi there!

I have been using NetworkManager 1.36.2 to create an Access Point,
but I am having some problems. Only devices that support WPA3 are
able to connect to the AP. Looking at the history, I see that
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/commit/f5d78c2d289c9e4a4c247d2520c7c3e2baf537c8
introduced a change that configures wpa_supplicant to be able to
connect to any of WPA, WPA2 or WPA3 and choose the best candidate.
However, it looks like this is breaking the hotspot case, at least
for me - when I revert the change I am able to connect again from
WPA2-only devices.

I have seen these problems on
* An intel NUC with Intel wifi driver
* On a VM, when loading mac80211_hwsim with two radios (one for
hotspot, the other for connecting to it)

Kernel version is 5.15.0 and wpa_supplicant is 2.10. Is this a bug or
maybe a more modern wpa_supplicant is needed?

Thanks,
Alfonso

Hi,

sounds related to https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/issues/638#note_1306214 ?