Calling async functions of NMClient from another thread

Hi all,

it's my first post, so please apologize for any mistake.

I have a trouble with NMClient (libnm) and threads in my C-application. Here the scenario:

- in the main thread, gmain-loop and NMClient are created; here 'g_main_loop_run()' is called too

- in a separated thread, a XML-RPC server is started. Each time a new RPC arrives, this server creates a new
thread with the proper function

- the RPC-function calls an async NMClient-function (nm_client_activate_connection_async), and the following
errors appear:

<error>
(process:668): GLib-CRITICAL **: 17:53:29.664: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context
' failed

(process:668): GLib-CRITICAL **: 17:53:29.664: g_main_context_pop_thread_default: assertion 'g_queue_peek_head
 (stack) == context' failed
</error>

I expected that the async-functions can be called from any context, but doesn't look like, or am I doing
something wrong?
Please can somebody give me a hint for solving this issue? Thanks in advance.

BR,

Entelequio