manage a modem connection

Hello,

I have a "e3372h-153" Huawei 4G USB dongle.

This dongle works with the "huawei_cdc_ncm" kernel driver.

Once connected, two devices appear : /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/cdc-wdm1.
These ones are used to talk to the modem itself.

There is also a network interface appearing, which is (I believe)
related to the driver "huawei_cdc_ncm" and the NCM protocol :

wwx001e101f0000: flags=4098<BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
       ether 00:1e:10:1f:00:00  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)

I am able to connect the modem with "mmcli ...", yet still I have to configure the corresponding network interface in order to access the web. But this interface does not show up with "nmcli device show". I am however able to
issue "dhclient wwx001e101f0000" and it works.

I also tried "nm-connection-editor". This one finds the modem (gsm) but it seems to settle a connection through ppp. I would prefer a connection through wwx001e101f0000
because it uses the NCM protocol, known to be faster than PPP.

Then, how come that I cannot see and configure wwx001e101f0000 with nmcli, just like
any other network (wired, wifi) interface ?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention

Regards