VPN connection disappeared from networkmanager

As you can see froman earlier post I am working to add a VPN connection to secure my connection when out of the office.  I don't know how or why, but my VPN connection no longer shows in the connections list! Given this of course it is impossible to activate it.

Looking at /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections shows the configuration file still present, so something has happened at a higher level.

What do I need to do to correct this? What other files need to be fixed? If I go into network settings and hit the "+" I see IPSec/IKEv2 (strongswan) as an option, but selecting it wants to define a new entry not revive a lost one.

Help!

This is with nmcli version 1.22.10 on linux mint 20.1 x64 cinnamon release.

Dave