Re: network-manager does not verify server certificate name on EAP-TLS WIFI connections

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 09:27:55PM +0100, IB Development Team via networkmanager-list wrote:
network-manager does not verify server certificate name on EAP-TLS WIFI
connections:

Please verify and consider fixing.

Hi,

with NM 1.14, just I tried to connect to a EAP-TLS Wi-Fi network with
a wrong '802-1x.subject-match' and it failed complaining about the
mismatch. I don't have the setup for 'altsubject-matches' and
'domain-suffix-match', I'll try to prepare one.

Can you please verify if NetworkManager is passing to wpa_supplicant
the right parameters? Try to connect, and then paste the output of:

 journalctl -u NetworkManager -e | grep "Config: added"

It should be something like:

 NetworkManager[2749]: <info>  Config: added 'ssid' value 'wpa2-eap'
 NetworkManager[2749]: <info>  Config: added 'scan_ssid' value '1'
 NetworkManager[2749]: <info>  Config: added 'subject_match' value 'foobar'
 [...]

Also, it would be useful to check wpa_supplicant logs for errors.

Beniamino