connectivity check on specific interface‏

Hi!

My local network consists of a wifi router and ethernet router, both connected to the internet via different accounts. I want to use the ethernet by default, and switch automatically to wifi when connectivity check fails. This can be achieved easily using the connectivity check feature, as nm change the metric of the default route of the interfaces according to the result of the connectivity check. But in addition to switching networks as stated above, I want to turn off the radio of the wifi to save some power, and connect to wifi when connectivity check fails on ethernet. When connectivity check succeeds on ethernet again, then I want to shut down the wifi. Is this requirement can be achieved using network manager? If not, I would be happy to hear suggestions to implement this.

Thanks!
Shlomi