Re: Putting interface always up with NetworkManager

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 10:15 AM Andrei Petru Mura via
networkmanager-list <networkmanager-list gnome org> wrote:

Hi,

In my CentOS 8, I want to make my network card to be configured at boot time. The networking is managed by
NetworkManager. I configured the connection with nmcli as such:

nmcli con add type ethernet ifname enp5s0f1 con-name enp5s0f1 autoconnect yes save yes ipv4.addresses
192.168.1.10/25 ipv4.method manual

The problem is that when I reboot the machine, the interface is down. In order to have it available, I have
to always up it first:

nmcli con up enp5s0f1

Is there a way to force it via NetworkManager to be always up?

You can set ignore-carrier device property in NetworkManager.conf.