Re: Modem stays connected when NM sets connection down

Hey,

I’ve got some problems with my gsm-connection, managed with NetworkManager and ModemManager.

When my connection comes up after boot, the connection works and i can ping my targets via gsm.

Now, when i disable the connection and reactivated it, NetworkManager says, it is connected, but i’m not

able to ping any of my targets, as before.

So when i disable my connection with ‚nmcli con down test‘ the Connection 'test' successfully deactivated

When i see mmcli –m 0, the state of the modem is still connected, not registered as expected.

Debug log also says ‚networkmanager modem-broadband[cdc-wdm0]: failed to connect modem: Failure‘

I think that causes the problem, that when i try to reconnect my gsm-connection it says it is

activated successfully, but i’m not able the get any communication on that interface (ping a target is not
able).

When i reboot the device and my connection is up, it works without problems.

Please gather MM/NM debug logs when reproducing the problem:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es