Re: ethernet connection

I don't see any use of such feature. As long as both connections are DHCP-based, you don't need to bother where you are.

And, as far as I remember, your mac-address is not assigned --- it's hardcoded to your network device. There's very little advantage on changing it, IMHO.

Maybe if you explain a little more what do you want to do?