Re: Activating a VPN connection without displaying the authentication dialog

Hello Graham,

SAML authentication is not supported even in the official Cisco client
when using the command line client so your plugin can't work in my
case unfortunately:

    $ /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn
    Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (version 4.8.03043) .

    Copyright (c) 2004 - 2020 Cisco Systems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

    VPN> connect <host>
    connect <host>
    >> contacting host (<host>) for login information...
    >> notice: Contacting <host>.
    >> error: The requested authentication type is not supported in
AnyConnect CLI.

    >> The requested authentication type is not supported in AnyConnect CLI.
    >> state: Disconnected

(it works with the graphical client - vpnui)
The problem is that the 2FA step requires a browser window to be
opened as it uses a bunch of JS-heavy pages hosted by Microsoft to
talk to Azure AD.

Anyway, the point is to get rid of AnyConnect since it is a supremely
crap piece of software. OpenConnect works a lot better once you manage
to get past the 2FA thing.