Re: PPPoE over VLAN again

On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 09:44:23AM -0700, Patrick Mansfield via networkmanager-list wrote:
I've been trying to directly use my linux system as the router / gateway with my
CenturyLink ISP - it requires PPPoE and VLAN.

Is PPPoE over VLAN supported by NetworkManager?

I saw a response from 2017 that it was not supported, but can't tell if that's still
the case.

I'm using Fedora 31, I tried to get it working but so far have failed.

Hi,

PPPoE over VLAN is supported. Create a VLAN connection and then a
PPPoE connection over it, for example in this way:

 nmcli connection add type vlan ifname vlan1 vlan.parent enp8s0 vlan.id 5

 nmcli connection add type pppoe ifname pppoe1 pppoe.parent vlan1 username myusername password mypass

Beniamino