Re: hostname-mode=default and hostname set outside NM

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:35:47AM +0200, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:
On 4/27/20 11:13 AM, Thomas HUMMEL wrote:

I notices that

hostnamectl --static set-hostname <newhostname>

behavior was not the same according to the value of hostname-mode setting :

- if set to 'none' : there's a delay for the transient hostname to be
automatically set to the manually set static one

- if set to 'dhcp' : the transient hostname is instantly aligned with
the new static one.

Is this expected ?

Sorry, I cannot seem to reproduce this one I may have given you an incorrect
hint.

Still the hostnamectl delay is a thing unexplained to me.

I don't know the cause of the delay, it didn't expect it.

Beniamino