De: Thomas Haller [mailto:thaller redhat com]
Enviado el: martes, 8 de octubre de 2019 14:00
Para: Jorge Perez Higuera; networkmanager-list gnome org
Asunto: Re: Need to send the dhclient6 to background in Centos 8

On Tue, 2019-10-08 at 11:37 +0000, Jorge Perez Higuera via networkmanager-list wrote:
Hi all. I need some help

I need to send the dhclient ipv6 process to background (I use
dhcp=dhclient)
I know it can be done passing the –nw parameter via dhclient but i
don’t know how to pass this to dhclient via NetworkManager Also in
Centos 8 it start in foreground (-d parameter)

Is there any way to do this?
Is is posible via internal client?

NetworkManager 1.14.0
Centos 8

Thank you

Hi,

when NetworkManager uses dhclient as its DHCP plugin, then the process is controlled by NetworkManager. In
that case, NetworkManager will always spawn the process in the background. That is regardless whether
NetworkManager itself is in the background or not). Anyway, the way NetworkManager spawns this process is of
little concern to the user.

In fact, when using NetworkManager you usually would be not concerned with dhclient at all. The process is
for the most part an implementation detail of how NetworkManager does DHCP.

Which problem are you trying to solve?

best,
Thomas