Re: spamming router with router solicitations

On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 06:59 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 10:16 +0200, Beniamino Galvani via
networkmanager-list wrote:
Are you sure you don't have other daemons like systemd-networkd

# repoquery -q systemd-networkd
systemd-networkd-0:219-62.el7_6.6.x86_64

# rpm -q systemd-networkd
package systemd-networkd is not installed

So, not even installed.

or
something else active which are racing with NM?

Fairly sure there is nothing else.

If this is happening, when you kill NetworkManager with SIGKILL, it
would not give NetworkManager to cleanup...

  sudo killall -SIGKILL NetworkManager

(and veryify that NetworkManager is indeed not running. Maybe first
`systemctl mask NetworkManager`, so that systemd won't restart it).

If then the RS flood stops, we know it was sent by NetworkManager.
Otherwise, it wasn't.

For now, I would guess that kernel is sending these solicitations... if
that's the case, the sysctl settings would be interesting:

  grep -R ^ /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/

best,
Thomas