Adding basic OpenVPN PKCS#11 support

Hello,

I have the need to run OpenVPN with PKCS#11 hardware certificates on Linux. This does currently not seem to be possible with NetworkManager.

I have looked around a bit and realize this is a can of worms. The nice clean solution would require changes to OpenVPN, which so far seems to be hard to get merged.

So my plan right now is to take the simplest possible approach and just add text fields where one can enter pkcs11-providers and pkcs11-id (and of course support for importing these values).

My question now is if I were to submit patches which does this, is there any chance of them getting merged (assuming they follow coding standard etc)?
--

Martin Forssén

Director of Information Security

Recorded Future