Re: Issue connecting to Fortigate SSL VPN using NM GUI

On Tue, 2019-01-15 at 23:27 +0000, bruno bmartins pt wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 fully updated and currently having issues
connecting to my company's VPN service using NetworkManager GUI.

Works for me (to our company's Forti VPN) on Fedora 29.  So it can
work.

If I manually connect from CLI using "sudo openfortivpn
gateway.company.com:443 -u myself company com" everything works as
expected.

Log messages written to /var/log/syslog were pasted here:
https://paste.gnome.org/ph1gz6fvg

It looks like a timeout occurs, but I don't know where I can increase
it.

The timeout looks long enough.  How long does it take to connect when
running 'sudo ...'?

I suspect it's running into selinux rules since it works running as
sudo.  Maybe look at audit.log or try with selinux disabled.

You can increase pppd's debug info by editing /etc/ppp/options and
adding 'debug' (needs selinux off)