How to deal with a new Wifi Adapter?

Hi,
I'm currently running Fedora 29 and my embedded wifi adapter is
failing.  So I bought a USB Wifi adapter, which seems to be working
well..  Except for one problem:  Network Manager does not know to apply
all my existing wifi connection information to the new adapter.

Short of going through each connection, changing it to the new adapter,
then deleting the "<SSID> 2" network that gets created --- is there some
way to tell NM to apply all wifi networks to all wifi adapters?

In a similar vein, is there a way to tell NM to disable to embedded wifi
adapter?

Thanks,

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek ihtfp com             www.ihtfp.com