Can't map keyfile path to /home/* directory

Hi

[testing this on a system with 1.2.6]

I have a setup that (will be) a read-only root file system with RW /home directory. To allow for network changes, I have mapped the keyfile path in NetworkManager.conf to /home. However when I do this I get an error when trying save a connection (nmcli connection add gives me No plugin supported adding this connection, connection edit / save gives me read-only file system). If I map keyfile path to anywhere but /home, such as /tmp or /etc/TEST it works fine.

Any idea why this won't work with any subdirectories in the /home folder?

Jackson