Re: Change of route metric are not well propagated for default route

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 23:18 +0200, Thomas Haller via networkmanager-
list wrote:

In 1.8, NetworkManager treated the default-route specially, and then
reapply (`nmcli device modify`) worked correctly to change the metric
of the default-route.

With 1.10, NetworkManager's handling of routes was significantly
reworked. I actually would expect, that the bug was introduced
already
in 1.10.0, as side effect of the rework. Since you say, it worked in
1.10, I am a bit surprised.
Anyway, clearly there is a misbehavior in 1.12.0.

Ah, seems the issue was introduced by commit [1], which is 1.12.0.

So, it makes sense that you say,

This works perfectly fine with NetworkManager 1.10.10 and I ended up
with a routing table like this one:

[1]
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=f4cbed3d4ff4e91e83f42c63b3602efa014ed72f

best,