Re: How to force DHCP renew?

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017, at 06:20 PM, Thomas Haller wrote:

NM has a 5 seconds grace period, during which it ignores carrier going
away. It does so because the link can go down unexpectedly for unknown
reasons.
Actually, after NM changes the MTU, the 5 seconds are extended to 10
seconds, because [1].
So, kernel would have to bounce the link for at least 10 seconds.

Then there is a setting ignore-carrier (`man NetworkManager.conf`).
That causes NM to totally ignore when the link goes down. That setting
is quite common, for example on the package "NetworkManager-config-
server" enables it by default on RHEL.

Yeah, but I think we could also fix both of those config options for
infrastructure cloud case (Azure, GCE, EC2 etc.), and possibly
virtualized in general?