Re: gobject-introspection build failure

On 30 March 2017 at 17:34 Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:

Hi,

Not surprisingly, when cross compiling, you also need python and
pygobject in the other architecture.

That makes it rather cumbersome.

As I wrote in the other email, you can pre-generate those files on
another host, during make dist and then build from source-tarball.

Thanks Thomas.
Take your point about pre-generating on another host, but that would be a bit of a headache for
automated/regression builds.
I should probably punt this over to Yocto list now - but thanks for helping me home in on the core issue.