Re: Feasibility of WoWLAN & S5?

On Sun, 2017-03-05 at 18:26 -0500, espy wrote:
We've recently fielded a query about whether or not it would be
possible
for NM (1.2.x) to support WoWLAN and S5.

For reference, there is still
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2017-January/msg00029.html

Everything I've read about WoWLAN only mentions S3, although S4 does
seem to be supported.

Any thoughts on S5 support?  It is possible given explicit driver
and
hardware support?  Does NM take down WiFi connections on shutdown
similar to the suspend logic?

NM takes Wi-Fi devices always down when exiting. One day, that should
be avoided so that NM can be restarted without interrupting
connectivity.

I think there are no plans about WoWLAN/S5 support, but we would be
happy to get patches.

Thomas