Re: Backing up Connectitons

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 13:26 -0500, Greg Oliver wrote:

Hi Greg,

> Thanks for the info - I investigated nmcli prior to sending the
> email, and must have missed that subcommand.  I'll definitely go that
> route since it will know better than I how to act.

I was probably not clear. Such a nmcli command doesn't exist yet.
Sure would be useful. One day... :)

The next step to do would be to cleanup the internal keyfile API in
libnm-core[1] and expose as public API in libnm. Then use it from nmcli
to dump/read connections in keyfile format.

[1] https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/libnm-core/nm-keyfile-internal.h?id=238efbbb12d32b4d4b7827509b4f21af9d159617

Not really a lot of work. Mid-size.

best,
Thomas

Ahh, I was actually referring to Alex Ferm's response:

"""
It also appears that nmcli has import/export support for VPN connections. If VPN connections are all you care about, you could probably get away with a simple bash script that finds and exports VPN connections and a similar script to re-import them on the destination host.
"""
I'll play around and see what I can come up with.  Thanks again.