Re: IPv4 problem with latest head version

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 02:04:44PM +0100, colin helliwell ln-systems com wrote:
Apologies for the vague subject, but I'm not too sure how to be more
specific.
I've been successfully using NM (fetched ~17 July), in conjunction with
ModemManager and a GSM modem. I just happen to have fetched a newer version
from the github master head, and something is awry with the PPP ip4
operation.
The connection (auto-started) is firing up, and ppp connects and get IP
address etc. However whilst ppp0 appears in 'ifconfig', the IP address isn't
shown. Also there are no routes added for it. It is being added to
/etc/resolv.conf
Ipv6 is set to 'ignore' on both connections.

Tail end of the log is as follows. Note that the eth connection is also
coming up at the same time (it seems to get delayed until the
[autostart-ing] GSM connection is also ready to go? i.e. once MM has got it
going and the modem has registered on the network)

I wonder if the "nm_ip4_config_add_address: assertion
'NM_IP4_CONFIG_GET_PRIVATE (self)->ifindex > 0' failed" is relevant?
But let me know if any other config info needed.

Hi,

which git commit did you test? If it's not the current HEAD
(1b09fba19ef0b9cc704009a3b6f84d2372c2162e) can you please try to pull
and retest it? There were some regressions due to recent changes, but
they are hopefully fixed now.

If the problem still happens, would you mind providing a backtrace if
the assertion hits? You can use gdb for that:

 G_DEBUG=fatal-warnings gdb --args /sbin/NetworkManager -d
 (gdb) run
 # after the assertion hits:
 (gdb) bt

Thanks!