networkmanager-1.10 VPN Error: "Could not find source connection" when network booting.

I network boot so the linux kernel sets up eth0.  In upgrading from nm
1.8.4 to 1.10 my VPN's broke with reason="Could not find source
connection."  Running 'nmcli connection' shows that eth0 is managed
under both 1.8.4 and 1.10.  I suspect this is a bug, but haven't found
anything in the mail archives or bugzilla.  Just wanted to bounce this
off the list for some insight before opening up a bug report.

- Donny