Re: GSM conn up fails first time with SIM PIN

On 17 April 2017 at 18:32 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

On Sat, 2017-04-15 at 13:11 +0100, Colin Helliwell wrote:

I have NM setup with ModemManager and GSM modem, and can bring up the
connection. But when I enable a SIM PIN lock, the first 'nmcli conn
up' from reboot fails.
I can see that the modem is being unlocked ok, and is indeed
registered afterwards. And a retry of the 'conn up' also works.
I wonder if there's some sequence/timing issue on the first time,
when the modem has to be brought out of locked state. (I leave the
enabling to NM/MM; with the PIN in the NM connection settings).

NM log is below. I *think* the point at which it goes awry is
indicated by the
 'enabling' --> 'disabled' (reason: unknown) @ 12:51:37
Unable to spot at the MM end of things [these logs omitted here]
what's triggering this change. Could it just be a timeout? (circa
20secs)

Can you grab MM debug logs for this sequence too? I can't see what it
would be from the NM side, maybe having both together would help.

Dan

Attached.