Re: Getting (a little more) started

On 07 April 2017 at 17:06 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

On Fri, 2017-04-07 at 16:12 +0100, Colin Helliwell wrote:

I've got NM installed n running on my embedded system. I can 'nmcli
conn up modem' and the ppp link on my GSM modem comes up nicely -
ifconfig reports inet and P-t-P addresses, and I seem able to
ping/traceroute through it to the interweb, but I may have some
clutter.

Being embedded and headless I don't have nice GUI widgets to help me,
so I might need some more manual configuration or tidying of stuff.
I'm using systemd, and also have running /lib/systemd/systemd-
networkd, /lib/systemd/systemd-resolved, /usr/bin/dnsmasq,
/sbin/dhclient.
I built NM with '--with-resolvconf=yes', and the [Yocto] image also
has the resolveconf package included, but I'm unclear how these
relate to "/lib/systemd/systemd-resolved" and whether they have
common/conflicting configurations.

They will potentially conflict as there can only be one manager of
/etc/resolv.conf, and both these things want to manage it.

NM 1.6+ has support for systemd-resolved and this will automatically be
used if resolv.conf is managed by systemd-resolved and no other mode is
configured in NetworkManager.conf.

Thanks.
So leave out the resolvconf package and leave it to NM & systemd-resolved?