Re: NetworkManager Plugin for Wireguard

On 05.04.2017 12:07, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Wed, 2017-04-05 at 11:26 +0200, Maximilian Moser wrote:
Good Day,

My name is Maximilian Moser and I am a CS (software engineering)
student at the Vienna University of Technology.
For my Bachelor's Thesis, I was asked to write a plugin for
NetworkManager to support the VPN client wireguard (https://www.wireg
uard.io/).

As is usually the case, getting started might just be the hardest
part; at least I found that the internet is not exactly bursting with
introductions on how to write nm plugins.

Therefore, I'd like to ask if you could give me any hints at how to
get this project on its feet :)

Thanks in advance and
Best regards,
Max

Hi Max,

It seems quite a large project for a Bachelor Thesis to me. But we
would very much like to get such a plugin, so great if you can pull
this off!! :)

https://www.wireguard.io/#work-in-progress
"WireGuard is not yet complete. You should not rely on this code. It has not undergone proper degrees of
security auditing and the protocol is still subject to change. ..."

https://www.softether.org/
"... as an academic project from University of Tsukuba"

So Vienna University of Technology and University of Tsukuba can together improve it, right?
Just a thought ;)