Re: gobject-introspection build failure

On Mon, 2017-04-03 at 10:00 +0100, Colin Helliwell wrote:
On 30 March 2017 at 18:14 Colin Helliwell <colin.helliwell@ln-syste
ms.com> wrote:

On 30 March 2017 at 17:34 Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com>
wrote:

Hi,

Not surprisingly, when cross compiling, you also need python and
pygobject in the other architecture.

That makes it rather cumbersome.

As I wrote in the other email, you can pre-generate those files
on
another host, during make dist and then build from source-
tarball.

Thanks Thomas.

Just to clarify Thomas: I can pre-generate on any other host? i.e.
even different architecture...?

yes.

Optimally, you choose the same configure options (beside --enable-gtk-
doc), because the man pages list default values that depend on them.

Thomas