Re: NetworkManager-openconnect Question...

On Mon, 2016-10-17 at 11:28 -0400, Sean wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone on the list tell me what the minimum version of
NetworkManager-openconnect that is require to support PCKS#11 URLs in
a VPN settings config file?

We're running EL7 systems (CentOS, Scientific, and some RHEL) with
 NetworkManager v1.0.6-31 and NetworkManager-openconnect v0.9.8.6 and
when attempting to setup usercert and userkey fields with a PKCS#11
SmartCard URL, as produced from p11tool, NetworkManager's gui throws
an unable to open key/certificate file error.

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/VPN looks something like:

[connection]
id=VPN
uuid=43297f31-e438-491e-80c0-3127a13ea176
type=vpn
autoconnect=false
permissions=user:<my username>:;
secondaries=

[vpn]
enable_csd_trojan=no
xmlconfig-flags=0
pem_passphrase_fsid=no
gwcert-flags=2
gateway-flags=2
autoconnect-flags=0
lasthost-flags=0
usercert="pkcs11:model=X;manufacturer=Y;serial=Z;id=%00%02;object-
type=cert"
userkey="pkcs11:model=X;manufacturer=Y;serial=Z;id=%00%02;object-
type=private"
stoken_source=disabled
certsigs-flags=0
cookie-flags=2
gateway=vpn.example.com
authtype=cert
service-type=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openconnect

[ipv4]
dns-search=
method=auto

[ipv6]
dns-search=
method=auto

Also, using openconnect alone from the command prompt does
successfully connect to the vpn using the same PKCS#11 URLs.

If I need more recent versions of these, does anyone have any ideas
on whether doing so is a manageable process on a EL 7 system?  ...
and by that I'm really asking is EL7 just too old to support what
we're trying to do from the Gnome NetworkManager interface.

Thanks a bunch for reading and any assistance!

Hi Sean,

AFAIK neither NetworkManager nor the nm-openconnect plugin support
specifying PKCS#11 URLs yet. It's on the todo list, and obviously
important.

Thomas