Re: DHCP lease time configuration

On Fri, 2016-06-10 at 20:27 +0200, Bhasker C V wrote:
Hi,

 I use NM 1.2.2
 I have configured an AP HOTSPOT
 I want to configure a mximum dhcp lease time (instead of 50)
I looked into nm-settings but could not find an appropriate setting
Is there an nmcli setting for setting the lease time ?

Hi,

No, that is not possible. NM uses dnsmasq as DHCP server for the
"shared" method.

Thereby it passes --dhcp-range=10.42.0.30,10.42.0.254,60m

(so the least time is 60m, not 50).

So, no that is not possible. You can only patch NetworkManager or
replace "dnsmasq" binary with a wrapper script that filters the command
line arguments.

Btw, you can put a configuration file for dnsmasq
to /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq-shared.d directory, see `man dnsmasq`.

(that that will not help you to modify --dhcp-range, I think)

Thomas