system sleep -> nm reacts too fast

Hi *,

I'm using NetworkManager-1.2.2-341.1.x86_64 on openSuSE Leap 42.1.
When the system is going to sleep or hibernate I'd like to stop a
network service and take down the connection, *before* the network is
going down. I tried several things, but it always turned out, that
NetworkManager is reacting to fast and takes the network down, before
any of my scripts could do their job.

I tried
- the systemd sleep scripts (/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep)
- the NetworkManager dispatcher scripts
  (/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d)
- a dbus script listening to the PrepareForSleep signal

All of them get started, but too late.

Is there anything else I can try?
Or do I misunderstand some basic concepts?

TIA.

Bye.
Michael.
--