How to deal with unsupported wpa_supplicant parameters?

Hi,
due to a delay in the upgrade of our corporate radius servers, I temporarily need to deactivate TLSv1.2 in phase1 of WPA2/EAP-PEAP, to bypass a conflict with wpa_supplicant >=2.4. (known issue)
In wpa_supplicant.conf this would require a parameter phase="tls_disable_tlsv1_2=0".
But this parameter is not covered by the current settings spec, correct?
How to deal with this situation?
Is there a way to extend a profile with arbitrary wpa_supplicant parameters?
Or can I merge stuff from wpa_supplicant.conf with settings transferred via DBUS?
Or is excluding this WiFi network from being managed by NM the only valid solution?

Regards,
Toby