NetworkManager dispatchers

Hi guys

I'm trying to experiment with NM dispatchers but I can't seem to get anything done. I have a very basic script inĀ /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/02test:

#!/bin/sh -e

echo "Starting ModemManager"
ModemManager --debug &

But it is not running. I have made sure the scripts and directories are executable (a+x). But I cannot seem to get the scripts to run.

Can someone help me with this please?
NetworkManager --version
0.9.4.0

Question 2: I wanted to use the dispatcher script to start ModemManager on startup and to enable the 3G modem I have. Can it be done? I have seen examples of how to start a connection when an interface comes up but nothing that could help me with this.

Thanks