Re: AP with Radius and VLAN?

On Tue, 2015-09-29 at 21:37 -0700, Frank Rizzo wrote:
Hey guys!

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and using the applet I am able to do basic
configuration of an AP.  I can then start it, connect to it, and use it.
But this base config is very simplistic.  I need something more.  I need
Radius server authentication, and VLANs.  (Things that are supported
through hostapd).

Does anyone have an example config that I can base mine upon?

NetworkManager only supports wpa_supplicant's lightweight AP mode and is
not intended as a full-fledged WiFi access point.  For that, you'd want
to configure & run hostapd itself, and make NM ignore the wifi interface
through the config file and the "unmanaged-devices" key.