Re: NM 1.0.6, Bridge takes 30 seconds to initialize

On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 12:02 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
Hello,

  I've been using NM to have a bridge setup. It works, however it
takes
a *long* time (to me anyway) to come up. Around 30 seconds it seems.
The problem with this is that for example I have libvirt VMs that I
used to have set to come up on boot that shared that bridge. However
because of the length of time for the bridge to come up networking
would get seriously messed up.

  Since then I've told the VMs not to come up on boot, and the system
comes online. 30 seconds and the bridge is up and then I can bring up
the VMs. Any reason it takes so long? I've pasted in the email and on
fpaste.org the NM logs.

http://www.fpaste.org/281121/52776931/

The bridge device has no carrier for the long time.
What about your STP configuration?

What gives:

  brctl showstp bridge0

and

  nmcli connection show 'Bridge connection 1'

?

Thomas