OpenVPN plugin and private key password

Hi All

I am not certain if here is the right place to ask this. Forgive me if it is not.

Why, if I have a password protected private key, the OpenVPN plug-in demands me
to enter the password to enable the save button?

I think this is not right. I don't want my password hanging around.
If, for instance, my laptop gets stolen, the thief has access to my private data.
Saving a password, completely overrides the purpose of a password protected key!

How to make Networkmanager ask for the password when activating the VPN?

Am I doing something wrong here? Missing something perhaps?

Regards

Ethy