Re: libnl-3.2.25 doesn't report version info to Network Manager.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 09:59:15AM +0200, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 23:29 +0100, John Whitmore wrote:
So with much help got NM-1.0.2 built on the RPi2, but one of the steps along
the way is installing libnl-3.2.25

Unfortunately NM ain't happy with that install and is throwing up errors when
I try to run it:

/usr/sbin/NetworkManager: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnl-genl-3.so.200: no version information available
(required by /usr/sbin/NetworkManager)
/usr/sbin/NetworkManager: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnl-3.so.200: no version information available
(required by /usr/sbin/NetworkManager)
/usr/sbin/NetworkManager: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnl-route-3.so.200: no version information
available (required by /usr/sbin/NetworkManager)
NetworkManager-Message: <info>  No config file found or given; using
/usr/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

I found this email on the subject so I assume I just got unlucky with my
choice of verisons. I assumed that latest was best. I'll try another version
tomorrow.

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2013-December/msg00042.html

AFAIK There are no major known issues with 3.2.25. Did you get
everything right with cross-compiling and so? I don't know what would
cause the problem you see.

The latest version is actually 3.2.26 and if you compile from source
anyway, you probably should prefer that one:
https://github.com/thom311/libnl/releases

Thomas

I actually compiled that one and installed from the RPi-2. Actually compiled
all the tools and libs natively on the RPi-2

I'll go through the build process again and run through the .configure options
to check that I've got it right. At present all I set is --prefix=/usr

John