NetworkManager sends hostname even if disabled in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf

Hi,

I found that my Ubuntu machine always sends its hostname when doing a
DHCP request. I also found that for DHCP requests NetworkManager uses a
config-file /var/lib/NetworkManager/dhclient-eth0.conf which is based on
/etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf and then modified by NetworkManager.

One of these modifications is the following line:

send host-name "myhostname"; # added by NetworkManager

where 'myhostname' is my machines hostname. The original send host-name
line as it was defined in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf is commented out.

I'm wondering why NetworkManager does not respect the original
configuration. Also, does someone know how to configure the hostname
that NetworkManager writes into the config-file?

Regards,
Jan