Re: Connection failed to be established: privat-key-password-failure

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 00:44 +0100, Thomas Schneider wrote:
The OpenVPN connection fails with the following error:
SIGUSR1[soft,private-key-password-failure] received, process restarting

I have verified that the private-key-password is stored in "Standard" keyring as:
VPN cert-pass secret for <VPN connection>. (see attachment)

What version of NM and NetworkManager-openvpn?

Also, you can run NM with debugging by doing this:

sudo nmcli g log level debug

and then recreate the error, and email me the system logs from NM
privately so I can diagnose, with something like "journalctl -b -u
NetworkManager" (if you're using the systemd journal) or by looking
at /var/log/messages or /var/log/daemon.log.  I'll then followup with
the analysis as a reply to this thread.

Thanks!
Dan

My config is this:
[connection]
id=VPN
uuid=340bf0b0-5fdf-42cd-ad28-ead553655fdc
type=vpn
permissions=
autoconnect=false
secondaries=

[ipv6]
method=auto
dns-search=
ip6-privacy=0

[ipv4]
method=auto
dns-search=

[vpn]
service-type=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openvpn
connection-type=tls
auth=SHA256
tunnel-mtu=1500
cipher=AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo=yes
remote=<dyndns>
cert-pass-flags=1
port=1194
dev-type=tun
cert=/etc/openvpn/config/VPN/pc.crt
ca=/etc/openvpn/config/VPN/pc.pem
key=/etc/openvpn/config/VPN/pc.key
ta=/etc/openvpn/config/VPN/ta.key

I was expecting that line
cert-pass-flags=1
forces usage of keyring, however this expected behavior is not working.