nmcli - inconsistent response to query......

Hi

I have a monitoring script that I wrote back end of last year to
monitor the status of a TUN as gnome was not reporting when the TUN
failed.

As the problem didn't get resolved last year I waited till Fedora 22
shipped with NM 1.x to revisit the problem.

Withing the script there's a monitoring section that relies upon the output from

nmcli c show --active

to give me the current status of the connections, however under F22 I
am now occasionally seeing the error....

(process:YYYYYY: nmcli-CRITICAL **: Error: Could not create NMClient
object: Permissions request failed: Authorization check failed:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus).
Debug for error code
on
Mon08Jun2015 at  3.03pm

Instead of the expected........

NAME             UUID
  TYPE                  DEVICE
tun0                UUID blanked out for obvious reasons     generic
              tun0
AVPN-TCP80  UUID blanked out for obvious reasons      vpn
       enp9s0
LAN                UUID blanked out for obvious reasons
802-3-ethernet      enp9s0
Debug for error code
on
Mon08Jun2015 at  3.03pm

This unexpected error message is playing havoc with the parsing in my
script and as it doesn't happen under Fed21 I wonder what's
changed......is there any way nmcli could handle a timeout error a bit
more eloquently?

Tony