raw-ip support for qmi (mbim?) modems

 25. November 2015, 11:12:45  Bjørn Mork:
Judgement time coming up :)  What do you think?  Yes, this might not be
the correct forum for kernel patches, but I believe it is where this has
any meaning.  The load is on userspace here, and there is absolutely no
reason to submit this to the kernel unless it is going to be used by
NM/MM.

The real question
is not whether it will work around the firmware bug, but whether and
how we should implement the raw-ip support.

A very silent discussion :-(

I know that I voted for ethernet-like behavior three years ago - I have
changed my mind.

I can only provide testing.

Thomas