Re: Network Manager Dbus API License

Hi,

On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 12:15 +0500, Ali Muhammad Ali wrote:
Hello All,
              I am working on a network manager frontend that will
use
network manager dbus api. Is there any license binding by network
manager
on dbus api . I other words I need to know that can I keep the source
of my
frontend closed and distribute only the binaries ?

NetworkManager is licensed under the terms of GPLv2 or (at your option)
any later version. This license applies as long as you're distributing
derived work from the NetworkManager source.

Please make sure you read and understand the license:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/COPYING

That is, if you distribute binaries that are built from a source tree
that contains code taken from NetworkManager then you need to
distribute the full source code with your binaries.

If you're merely dynamically linking to libnm or just doing DBus calls
from your own code (sounds like this is what you're doing), then no
restrictions apply and you don't need to distribute your source code.

Regards,
Muhammad Ali

Cheers,
Lubo