Re: slowly or no configured connection usage

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 03:41:06AM +0200, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
We realize that treating an interface with only an IPv6LL address isn't
very useful though, especially since the kernel will assign an LL
address whenever the interface is brought IFF_UP, which often happens
during boot for various reasons.  Therefore, NM 1.0.4 and later have
switched to ignoring interface configurations that have only an IPv6LL
address, and will use another configured connection instead.  We could
potentially backport that to 0.9.10, or at least make the patch
available to distros.

can you show me the affected code-lines?  then I could wrapup the patch very
quick.

Hi Ingo,

the commit which adds this behavior is:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/commit/?id=3bc097b084bcabfc682b532991dd05cbe8e3161a

At a quick glance, it shouldn't be too difficult to backport it to
0.9.10; the main difference is that 0.9.10 doesn't have
nm-config-data.c; therefore you should add the 'assume_ipv6ll_only'
variable and related code to nm-config.c instead.

Beniamino