Re: Priorize one AP or other

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 10:39 -0200, José Queiroz wrote:
Hi,

I'm almost sure that someone, in the past, asked this. Imagine that you're
working on a ESS, where one of the APs is pretty stable, and the other is
older, slower, and falty. But, for some reason, NM seems to prefer to
connect to the last one, even when it's signal is weaker than the other.

Is there any way to tell NM to connect to the first one, and only roam to
the other if the first is unavailable?

Yes there is!  We've just added an "autoconnect-priority" option to the
upcoming NM 1.0 release that lets you manually prioritize the better AP
over the weaker AP when connecting to them automatically.

Currently that process is based on the AP you last used, which sometimes
is not the best choice, as you have seen.