Support for HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Modem

Hi,

after i've got a shiny new laptop (HP Zbook 14) discovered that the
integrated 4G-Modem was not supported :/
It's a "HP lt4112 Gobi 4G" Modem (which is a HP-branded Huawei ME906E)
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/solutions/m2m-solutions/products/tech-specs/me906e-en.htm

Despite the cards description has "Gobi" in it's name none of the
existing gobi layouts in the qcserial driver worked.
So i've modified the qcserial and the qmi_wwan driver (against kernel
3.16.6) and after some testing i've got the following layout:

----------------------------
## HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Modem
----------------------------
# 1st USB Configuration Descriptor:
0 - HP Mobile Connect - PC UI Interface         // AT-capable modem port
1 - HP Mobile Connect - Application Interface   // DM/DIAG
2 - HP Mobile Connect - Modem                   // AT-capable modem port
3 - HP Mobile Connect - PCSC Interface          // CCID compatible SC
4 - HP Mobile Connect - Network Card            // QMI/net
5 - HP Mobile Connect - GPS Interface           // NMEA
# 2nd USB Configuration Descriptor:
0 - HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module                    // ???
1 - MBIM Data                                   // ???
1 - MBIM Data                                   // ???
2 - HP Mobile Connect - GPS Interface           // ???

Now I'm able to establish a ppp-based internet connection on both
AT-compatible modem ports.
The modem has to be initialized with "AT+CFUN" otherwise it won't work!
If you ever need to reboot the modem through the AT-port use "AT$QCPWRDN"

I've also tested the DM/DIAG port (see attachment).

The modem supports GPS/GLONASS and after issueing "AT^WPDGP" on one of
the AT-ports you'll see NMEA-output on the NMEA-interface (speed 9600, 8N1)
So far i've seen the following NEMA-sentences:
GPGSV,GPGGA,GPVTG,GPGSA,GPRMC.
You can stop receiving GNSS with "AT^WPEND" on an AT-port.

There's also a QMI-port. I haven't done much with it yet - but at least
some qmicli commands seem to work as expected (see attachment).

Interestingly the device also expose a CCID compatible smartcard interface.
Unfortunately my naive approach to add support to the pcsc-lite ccid
driver adding USB vendor/product-id/description to
ifd-ccid.bundle/Contents/Info.plist did not work (see attachment).

Has anyone worked with those types of PCSC-interfaces before?

Finally there's seems to be MBIM support for this device but i've no
clue how to activate that.

I've attached the patches and some debug-logs for further information.

best regards,
Martin