Re: where store static IP address?

Stuart Kendrick <stuart kendrick sea gmail com> writes:

When I use NetworkManager to configure a static IP address, where does this IP
address get written to disk?

It depends on the distribution.  On Fedora I believe it gets stored in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<network>

I've tried poking through /etc/NetworkManager ... no dice

I've tried:
grep -r a.b.c.d /etc/*

and get no hits ...

yet, when I reboot, NetworkManager correctly remembers the static IP address I
entered

where does this get saved?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available