DNS not working on openvpn connection.....don't know why?

Happy Crimbles everyone......now time for your Christmas quiz!!

I am connecting to a free vpn service freevpn.me using the
NetworkManager openvpn functionality in Fed21 x86_64.

However once I connect to he vpn I cannot resolve names anymore.

As freevpn.me is totally free their website isn't full of helpful info
and googling has got me nowhere.

I've added a DNS server entry in  the NM part to no effect...

ping IPs when the vpn is up works fine so I'm pretty sure it's a resolver issue.

As it's totallly free could anyone with 10 minutes spare try it and
see if you get the same result.

Thanks in advance.