Re: [systemd-devel] Cycle between logind and NetworkManager in case of remote user database

On Sat, 13.12.14 10:09, Andrei Borzenkov (arvidjaar gmail com) wrote:

NetworkManager sets logind inhibitor lock to monitor for suspend
events. So it implicitly requires logind to be present when NM
starts.

Any idea what it needs the inhibitor for?

logind is ordered after nss-user-lookup.target. If we have remote user
database, it means that logind depends on network to be up and running.

If network is provided by NetworkManager we have a loop.

Due to the fact that NetworkManager service itself does not declare
dependency on logind, it can be pretty hard to recognize.

Any idea how it can be solved nicely? I can only think of delaying
inhibitor logic in NM until logind is started. Not sure what side
effects it may have.

Yeah, I figure if they want to be able to run in early parts of boot
they should watch logind's bus name and create their inhibitor only
after it appears.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat