vpn connection locked on off

hi,
I installed a network-manager plugin on Debian 7 to access at my vpn and succeeded it ; like i did yet before on ubuntu 14.04 ; following the advices of my vpn provider. With ubuntu it works like a charm but not on debian where VPN Connections (on the task bar) is locked " off ". i understand that these are not in the same version of software and gnome depending of the operating system but it does not explain the reason why it is blocked with debian ...

Is it a bug from network-manager (gnome) or from debian (openvpn) ?

Thx by advance for yours answers.